“Trained to be Different” Campaign
Evergreen (no expiration date)
Parents do not plan on their newborn or child needing intensive care, and they do not know how to navigate this new reality within the health care system. The “Trained to be Different” PSA campaign was created to inform and reassure parents and families that there is information, support, and guidance for them, and specialized health care providers for their extremely ill and vulnerable children. The PSAs inform parents and caregivers that if their child ever needs intensive care, acute care pediatric and neonatal nurse practitioners will give them the information and support they need to make the best decisions for their child, while providing the critical care their child needs.
Certiﬁed Acute Care Pediatric and Neonatal Nurse Practitioners:
- Have received advanced, specialized training for the most complex and intensive patient settings
- Utilize neonatal or acute care expertise consistent with the best evidence-based research and information
- Are committed to life-long learning, patient advocacy and professional practice maintain their specialized knowledge through continuing education and ongoing maintenance of certiﬁcation
- Are advocates for continuing competence in an increasingly complex healthcare environment
- Provide patients and families the exceptional care needed to facilitate the best outcome possible
- The PSAs end with a call-to-action to visit CertifiedNurses.org to learn more.